Monday, October 5, 2009

Coming down to it now.

Just a week left in my Louisiana home. One Sunday remaining to worship the Lord with these friends who have been my family for so long. One more chance to tell them about Jesus. I expect a lot of hugs and a few tears.

I suppose that it is a good thing that folks are sad to see me go. It should be a bit of a heartbreak. It is a testimony to the love my church has for me. It is a monument to the hard work and effort I have devoted to this community. I guess it would be a whole different story if they were happy to see me get the heck out.

And then begins a new adventure, in a new place with new friends and new challenges. I am thrilled, honored, and humbled at the prospects of being invited and welcomed to Charles Town. All the necessary pieces are coming into place. Moving van on stand by. House ready and waiting. Offices being prepared. Most importantly, people.

It is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment