Monday, March 15, 2010

Twice in One Day...

I have had someone tell me about this blog project, and ask the obvious question... Why so infrequent? Why only one a month or so? So here are my answers, in no particular order--

1. I am lazy at heart. Writing requires thought. Thinking deep and clear thoughts is difficult. I would rather play Bejeweled.

2. I am busy. Like a one armed wallpaper hanger. Like a one legged man in a kicking contest. Like I can sit around all day and think up something (see #1) wise and witty to write about.

3. I used up all my good stuff last Sunday.

4. I forgot about it.

5. It is just too hard to put into words. I deal with the same emotions and thoughts and feelings that everyone else does. And I have the added benefit (read burden) or helping others deal with their emotions, thoughts, feelings as well. because that is what the pastor does. So I often carry some intellectual and emotional loads. Sometimes they get heavy. Writing them in a blog causes me to lift them all again.

I like to blog. I really do. I like giving you some insight into my thoughts and ideas. I don't so much like the effort of making a worthwhile post. And that is the truth of it all.
See you in a couple weeks.

1 comment: