Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This is for real

All the corny expressions apply. A new chapter in life. A time of transition. A chance to make a fresh start. You say good bye, I say hello.

In two months, Louisiana will be in our rear view mirror, and we will make a new home in West Virginia. I am sad to leave, and happy to go. My time in this place is coming to fulfillment, and I anticipate a great opportunity in a new church.

My little church in a little town in Cajun Country is very near and dear to my heart. I have some genuine friends that I love very much. And though it hurts both them and me to leave, it is time. I have done all that I can do for this community, I am ready for a new place, and it is time. And as I get ready to depart from these wonderful people, a part of me will remain here froever, and a part of them will come with me wherever I go. It is time.

New adventures and opportunities call. And a great and vibrant church in another place invited me to come and lend a hand and speak the Word of Truth and be a part of something that the Lord Almighty is doing there. And so I am excited beyond measure. I anticipate the very best.

I have been praying about this in general for several years, and in specific for several months. God is at work in this move, and in this call. I am convinced and convicted. Only the omnipotent could orchestrate something so unique, so perfect, so unexpected.

When in the uniform of a soldier, I convinced myself that "Home is where you make it." Alternatively, "Home is where you drop your rucksack." For 26 years, I made myself believe that. And for 26 years, we have moved around, always temporary, always transitory, always knowing that one day we would pick it all up and roll out. But then I took a trip to Charles Town WV. While I was there, the conviction came, the burden of truth through which God speaks to me came, the awe and wonder of a beautiful community came. And it said, come home. Settle in. Stay awhile. Make a home.

We are very excited about what God is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment